It has been reported that Memphis Depay is proving a marketing success for Manchester United.
The Dutch international has sold more replica shirts bearing his name than any other player in the Premier League, according to figures released by football shirt experts kitbag.
Depay’s popularity is bettered only by Barcelona star Lionel Messi and Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo on a list that is otherwise dominated by Premier League players.
Top selling player shirts 2014-2015
1) Lionel Messi – Barcelona
2) Cristiano Ronaldo – Real Madrid
3) Memphis Depay – Manchester United
4 Bastian Scweinsteiger – Manchester United
5) Eden Hazard – Chelsea
6) Wayne Rooney – Manchester United
7) Neymar – Barcelona
8) Sergio Aguero – Manchester City
9) Alexis Sanchez – Arsenal
10) Philippe Coutinho – Liverpool