It has been reported that Seattle Sounders’ Tottenham defender DeAndre Yedlin has been named the top young player in Major League Soccer.
The 21-year old right-back was named at number one in MLSsoccer.com’s annual ’24 Under 24’ which marks the top 24 players under the age of 24 in the USA and Canada.
The ’24 Under 24’ player rankings are determined by a panel of soccer experts across the US and Canada who chose a total of 50 players and rank them by technical ability, soccer IQ, physical attributes, personality and potential.
Yedlin, who signed a four-year deal with Premier League club Tottenham in August, has landed the number one spot in the Adidas-presented ranking ahead of Chivas USA striker Erick Torres (on loan from Guadalajara), FC Dallas forward Fabian Castillo, LA Galaxy ace Gyasi Zardes and New England Revolution attacker Diego Fagundez.
MLSsoccer.com and adidas’ ’24 Under 24’
1. DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders)
2. Erick Torres (Chivas USA)
3. Fabian Castillo (FC Dallas)
4. Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)
5. Diego Fagundez (New England Revolution)
6. Mauro Diaz (FC Dallas)
7. Joao Plata (Real Salt Lake)
8. Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake)
9. Will Trapp (Columbus Crew)
10. Bill Hamid (DC United)
11. Dillon Powers (Colorado Rapids)
12. Kekuta Manneh (Vancouver Whitecaps)
13. Amobi Okugo (Philadelphia Union)
14. Andrew Farrell (New England Revolution)
15. Matias Laba (Vancouver Whitecaps)
16. Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution)
17. Harry Shipp (Chicago Fire)
18. Perry Kitchen (DC United)
19. Shane O’Neill (Colorado Rapids)
20. Deshorn Brown (Colorado Rapids)
21. Olmes Garcia (Real Salt Lake)
22. Tesho Akindele (FC Dallas)
24. Russell Teibert (Vancouver Whitecaps)